- The legal terms and restrictions that apply to your purchase and usage of physical and digital Stef Mouchie gift cards are outlined in these terms and conditions.
- These Gift Card terms apply to Canadian Dollar cards purchased online through the Stef Mouchie website (https://www.stefmouchie.com).
- Stef Mouchie retains the right to alter and modify our Stef Mouchie Gift Card terms and conditions at any moment. This does not affect your legal rights. Acceptance of our Terms and Conditions is a condition of using your Stef Mouchie gift card, so please read them carefully. It is your obligation to review these Gift Card terms and conditions on a regular basis to ensure that you are informed of any changes. Stef Mouchie gift cards remain the property of Stef Mouchie, who reserves the right to terminate the card at any time in its sole discretion, (such as to comply with relevant laws or as a consequence of events beyond its control).
- The value of your Stef Mouchie Gift Card can be redeemed online at https://www.stefmouchie.com provided the Gift Card is redeemed within the redemption period applicable. Stef Mouchie offers 2 types of gift cards, boxed and virtual gift cards, valid for 12 months from the date of purchase. Should you choose to use your Stef Mouchie Gift Card outside of the country it was purchased in, you will be responsible for any foreign exchange rates, applicable on the date of the transaction/s performed. Please note any redemptions, balance enquiries, top-ups and balance transfers will be reflected in the Canadian dollar currency.
- The Gift Card balance cannot be exchanged for cash or redeemed against the purchase of another card.
- The Gift Card must be used to buy eligible items via the website. Purchases are deducted from the amount on the Gift Card. When the Gift Card is used, any unused amount will be transferred to the recipient’s Gift Card account. If an order’s total exceeds the value of the Gift Card, the remaining balance must be paid using a credit card or another acceptable payment method. Visit “Your Account” on the Website to redeem or check Gift Card balances.
- Stef Mouchie offers 2 types of gift cards to our customers, boxed and virtual gift cards, valid for 12 months from the date of purchase. Your Stef Mouchie Gift Card is valid for one year from the date of activation (which is the date of dispatch of your order for online purchases), after which it will automatically expire. A Gift Card cannot be used beyond the expiration date, and any outstanding balance will be cancelled, rendering the card useless and unusable. We have no duty to remind or notify you of a gift card’s expiration date, and it is solely your responsibility to utilise any remaining amount before it expires.
- A Gift Card expires automatically once its balance has been exhausted. Except to the extent permitted by law, Gift Cards cannot be reloaded, resold, transferred for value, redeemed for cash, or used to any other account. Gift cards that have not been used may not be transferred.
- Gift cards may be used to pay for all or part of an online purchase. .
- Only one Gift Card may be used per online order. To transfer the balances from multiple gift cards onto a single gift card, please contact our Customer Service team through email at email@example.com.
Lost/ Stolen/ Damaged
- The customer assumes the risk of loss and ownership for Gift Cards upon our electronic transfer to the recipient or delivery to the carrier, whichever is applicable. We are not liable for Gift Cards that are lost or stolen.
- Following delivery, you are entirely responsible for the safekeeping and security of your Gift Card. Stef Mouchie is unable to replace or refund the remaining amount on a Stef Mouchie Gift Card if it is lost or stolen. Stef Mouchie cannot be held liable for any balance on a Stef Mouchie Gift Card that is lost due to theft or fraud. All Stef Mouchie Gift Cards feature a unique PIN code concealed on the back of the card that is needed for online transactions. Stef Mouchie is not liable for any unauthorised usage if the card number and/or PIN have been known to another party.
- If your Stef Mouchie Gift Card becomes damaged, Stef Mouchie will be able to replace it as long as you still have the card and the necessary information.
- If a fraudulently acquired Gift Card is redeemed via the website or redeemed and used to make purchases on the website, Stef Mouchie has the right to terminate customer accounts and seek other means of payment.
Crediting a Stef Mouchie Gift Card
- If you want to return your purchase, please keep an expired Gift Card. Any items purchased with a Gift Card that is returned for a refund will be refunded to the original Gift Card, or issued on a new Stef Mouchie Gift Card if you have discarded or lost your original card. In the case of returns when a portion of the payment was taken from a Gift Card, the refund will be refunded to your Gift Card in the first instance.
- If a partial refund is issued for a purchase purchased using a Stef Mouchie Gift Card and another form of payment, the refund amount owed will be refunded to the Stef Mouchie Gift Card in the first instance.
- If the total amount to be refunded exceeds the amount initially paid by Stef Mouchie Gift Card, any remaining refund balance will be refunded to the alternative mode of payment you used (i.e. debit/credit card or cash).
Limitation of Liability
- Stef Mouchie and its affiliates make no warranties, express or implied, with respect to Gift Cards, including without limitation, any express or implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. In the event, a Gift Card code is non-functional, your sole remedy, and our sole liability shall be the replacement of such Gift Card. Certain country laws do not allow limitations on implied warranties or the exclusion or limitation of certain damages. If these laws apply to you, some or all of the above disclaimers, exclusions, or limitations may not apply to you, and you might have additional rights.
Governing Law and jurisdiction
- These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Toronto Ontario Canada. You agree, as we do, to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Canadian courts.
Last updated: 11 September 2021